Now that I have my FAB-ulous storage room whipped into shape, it's time to recessionista those shelves. Okay, so food storage may not be the most glamorous thing out there, but call it an investment in beauty sleep. I want A-list peace of mind on a B (or C or D)-list budget.
We're gonna try to follow the Week-by-Week Storage Plan.
Here's how you do it:
- It's week by week.
- Gather the suggested item and buy in quantity when possible.
- Date it . Rotate it. Replace it.
- Store it properly. Don't waste your money.
- Plan with the seasons for availability and savings.
- If you miss a week, move on, so you won't get behind.
Last week was DRY or CANNED MILK.
This week: TOILETRIES. Shampoo, shaving supplies, hand soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.
I'm not planning for my shelves to be maxxed out anytime soon. I'll get what I can with the budget I have. (maybe I'll just be able to afford one or two items...) That's my advice to you, too. Get what you can with the budget you have. If you want to join me, I'll be posting each week's item in my sidebar.
Having a little bit extra on hand -- and not spending a lot -- is a good thing (sorry, Martha!) .... you never know what's around the bend in the road!