A few of you have been kind enough to inquire about my sister and her operation -- it was a success, and the best news of all is that no cancer was found! (insert happy dance here) She is going to be fine, and we hope, have improved health in the coming year.
Mrs. B at her blog, tagged me for a "Four Things" meme yesterday. (Did you know you pronounce this [meem]? I didn't. Oh well.) Thanks, Mrs. B!
Here goes --
Four things I did today:
1. Watched my sister's kids all day while she was in the hospital. There are the most well-behaved, fun and helpful kids -- you can tell what a good mom Jen is.
2. Took calls of concerned folks and texted my whole family, spreading the good news that the surgery was successful, and no cancer was found.
3. Colored princess pictures and sang princess songs with my cute little niece.
4. Checked in with Bloggyland, and went to bed early! (I got up really early, and my party animal days are over. LOL
Four things on my to-do list:
1. Pull out the rest of the fall and Halloween decorations and get them put up.
2. Head up to the mountains to snag some gorgeous aspen and maple leaves for a fall project I want to do.
3. Try desperately to find another excuse to not do the ironing. I never want to do this, but strangely enough, don't mind it once I'm doing it.
4. The bills. (bleh.)
Four of my guilty pleasures:
1. Blogging! 'Nuff said -- I know you get this.
2. Purses. I am constantly on the quest for the perfect purse. It used to be planners, but I went electronic. I also have a sickness for office supplies.
3. Sweets! I don't know if I can qualify this as guilty anymore, though. I've replaced all the fattening stuff with low-fat substitutes to not undo all my good work with Weight Watchers. It doesn't mean I've slowed down on them -- I still love sweets, I'm just smarter about indulging now!
4. So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know. I blame my sister, Deb, for hooking me on this show. I wish it were on all year.
Four random facts about me:
1. I have not read the Twilight books, and don't plan to.... (gasp!!!)
(have you recovered yet from #1? Take a deep breath....okay, we'll go on...)
2. I am really nervous in parking garages. I got a Suburban stuck in one of those once. (it's a long story) I guess that's left over from that experience.
3. I am a first generation American. Mom is from Holland. Dad is from Germany. Yep, we have a lot of fun at Christmas-time.
4. I am scared of roller coasters and ferris wheels. I have been mocked by my toddler nieces and nephews for this.
Four bloggers I'm tagging:
1. Pattie @ Attitude Changes Everything!
2. Elena @ Manwaring Moments
3. S'more @ My Wheels are Turning
4. Rebekah @ WellSaid
OK -- I'm out. :-) Have a great weekend, everybody! A cold autumn storm finds us this weekend, and I can hardly wait to cozy up!